Partnership Broker's Training
There is a growing demand in Asia and Europe across all sectors for greater competence in managing the partnering process in multi-stakeholder partnerships more effectively and efficiently.
This is particularly so with the government, business, not for profit, environment and welfare sectors, humanitarian sectors working on disaster, human trafficking and other such issues.
Increasingly, agencies are seeking to work together across organizations, sectors, geographical regions to address complex social and development problems. However, partnering, whether across sectors and geographical divides, or among units of the same organization, is fraught with challenges.
This unique and highly sought-after program provides those working in and on partnerships with frameworks, tools, techniques and skills development to build their confidence and competence as partnership brokers. It seeks to evolve frameworks from practice and builds on experiences of partnership brokering in diverse contexts and different models of partnership.
A partnership ‘broker’ is an intermediary building effective and innovative collaboration between partners. Partnership brokers can be either internal – responsible for negotiating or managing partnerships on behalf of their organisation – or external – those offering independent partnership brokering services.
Established in 2003, the globally recognised Partnership Brokers Training (PBT) builds the practical brokering skills and professional practices necessary to address complex challenges in the partnering process at all phases of a partnership’s life cycle.
This training is run in association with Partnership Brokers Association.
The Partnership Brokers Training is a 4-day skills training and professional development course which includes:
- A strong theoretical framework that supports the development of robust, efficient and innovative partnerships, consortia & coalitions
- Sharpening essential skills in: scoping, resource-mapping, facilitation, partnering negotiation, relationship management, reaching agreement and reviewing
- Sharing innovative tools and approaches that will build and maintain strong partnerships and will assist partners in challenging and changing systems to become more partnership- friendly
- Exploring common partnering challenge
- Deepen understanding of professional partnership process management (partnership brokering)
- Introduce partnership brokering concepts and practical tools
- Build key skills and professional confidence in this field
- Explore innovative approaches to problem-solving and transformative interventions
- Promote a ‘reflective’ approach to professional practice and partnership brokering good practice principles
- Create new knowledge about partnership brokering and its value
- Consideration of the issue of leadership in a collaborative model
This course is for active partnership practitioners involved in the management and development of multi-stakeholder partnerships at the national, regional and international levels who should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Educational attainment at higher education level in a related field and/or practical experience that combines analytical capabilities with an aptitude for working with diverse groups;
• Opportunities for the practical application of partnership brokering skills.
Please note that participants who attend all sessions will be awarded a PBA certificate entitling them to become alumni of the Association and to apply for further training opportunities (see details on the next page). Anyone who misses one or more sessions without an acceptable reason will be able to complete the course but will not be entitled to receive the PBA certificate nor be eligible for further trainings.
Participants who complete the Partnership Brokers Training will become alumni of the Partnership Brokers Association giving them access to learning / research findings, tools, case studies, support services and further training options. These are: A long-distance mentored program leading to Professional Accreditation, or Advanced Skills in Partnership Brokering (a 5-day course offering more advanced partnership brokering skills). PBA is the global professional association for those brokering partnerships and other forms of multi- stakeholder collaboration.
BULBUL BAKSI – has over twenty years of experience in the social development sector, working with grass roots NGOs as well as government ministries and bilateral aid and international cooperation organisations. She has supported public-private partnerships and helped government agencies manage change processes. Bulbul’s partnership brokering experience in the last few years has focused on: helping to build multi-stakeholder partnership platforms, supporting networks and alliances to scope their roles and build appropriate governance mechanisms, and brokering difficult partner conversations, collaboration agreements and arrangements. Bulbul has also provided advice on embedding partnering approaches in organisations along with strengthening capacities through training, mentoring and coaching. She is an Authorised Practitioner Trainer and Mentor for the Partnership Brokers Association.
HELGA VAN KAMPEN – is an Authorised Practitioner Trainer and partnership specialist, who has been working independently since 2011. She supports complex global partnerships in developing, managing, reviewing and moving-on processes. Helga has worked with a wide variety of organisations from all sectors. As a cultural anthropologist she is interested in,and focuses on complex global issues. She strongly feels that joint efforts are needed to address these issues. Helga supports professionals in the HOW of collaboration. As a consultant she supports organisations to develop and strengthen their partnership skills, strategy and steering mechanisms in order to maximise impact. In addition, Helga’s research focus has been on how best to maximise and capitalise on the added value of collaboration.
The fee for the training is USD $1,200. The fee includes tuition costs, background reading materials, copies of all the training materials, lunches and snacks. The fee does not include travel or accommodation.
The fee will be payable with your application. Your place on the course will be secured only when full payment has been received.
Application: Download the Istanbul application form here
Complete and submit to email@example.com